Get Answers to Your Burning Governance Questions
Are you looking for answers to questions such as
- What is governance anyway?
- Are we doing it right in my organization? Can we do it better? What can I do better?
- Bylaws, policies, procedures â€“ whatâ€™s the difference? Why so many documents?
- Whatâ€™s the difference between what the Board of Directors does and what the staff does?
- How can my preparation for a board meeting affect governance?
- Help! I have to take minutes! What do I do?
- Whew! The board meeting is over. So all my work is done, right?
Good governance practices are essential to high performing organizations. Vital principles are frequently taught to board members as part of their onboarding and orientation, yet the same principles are rarely taught to association staff. For better or worse, most training happens on the job; most learning is caught rather than taught.
Association Management Center corrects that imbalance with our half-day workshop, . Two ±¬ÁĎą«Éç executives, Principal Mark Engle and Executive Director Mary Beth Benner, will share their governance expertise. Governance Essentialsâ„˘ will be hosted by Association Forum on February 15, 2018.
Workshop participants also receive a copy of Governance Essentials: Effective Governance Practices for Association Staffâ„˘. This practical guide contains sample forms, face sheets and instructions and will be a handy desk reference after course completion.
Should you attend Governance Essentialsâ„˘?
Are you . . .
- an early- to mid-career association professional interested in growing in your knowledge and practice of good governance?
- new to association management, at any career level, including executive
- a first-time CEO
- someone who works with volunteers and committees
- looking for an insightful and innovative educational opportunity that will count toward your CAE hours?
If you answered â€śyesâ€ť to any of these questions, YOU should attend Governance Essentialsâ„˘.
Be the first to know about the latest news and events from ±¬ÁĎą«Éç. Sign up for our emails!